Having trouble filing your tax returns? Never filed a tax return before? Don’t have time to file?
Have no fear! The ASA tax volunteers are here!
Register to be a CVITP client and you will have your tax returns filed by dedicated volunteers trained by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and SFU Accounting Student Association (ASA). The ASA CVITP team filed over 1,500 returns last year, preserving the benefits and financial entitlements for over 1,000 members of the SFU community as well as providing peace of mind for these individuals in meeting their tax filing obligations.
- Single Person with annual income of $30,000 or less.
- Couple without dependants combined income of $40,000 or less.
- Single Adult with dependents combined income of $35,000 or less.
- Additional $2,500 for each dependant.
- Individual with less than $1,000 investment income.
Volunteers cannot prepare tax returns for:
- Those with employment expenses, business or rental income/expenses.
- Those who are self-employed (owns a business).
- Those who have deceased returns.
- Those who have returns claiming capital gains or losses.
- Those with major investments/RRSP/stocks/mutual funds/RESP.
- Those who filed for bankruptcy.
You will be paired up with a qualified volunteer and contacted by March 12th to schedule a time and place to file your return. Tax returns will be filed between March 12th – April 10th and will mainly occur at the Burnaby campus. If you have a friend, relative, or spouse who also wish to use our services, please have them fill out a separate application.
Sorry, but registration is now closed. We are no longer accepting new clients until 2019.
For any questions regarding the application, please feel free to reach our Project Managers at email@example.com.