Having trouble filing your tax returns? Never filed a tax return before? Don’t have time to file?
Have no fear! The ASA tax volunteers are here!
Register to be a CVITP client and you will have your tax returns filed by dedicated volunteers trained by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and SFU Accounting Student Association (ASA). The ASA CVITP team filed over 1,500 returns last year, preserving the benefits and financial entitlements for over 1,000 members of the SFU community as well as providing peace of mind for these individuals in meeting their tax filing obligations.
- Single Person with annual income of $30,000 or less.
- Couple without dependants combined income of $40,000 or less.
- Single Adult with dependents combined income of $35,000 or less.
- Additional $2,500 for each dependant.
- Individual with less than $1,000 investment income.
Volunteers cannot prepare tax returns for:
- Those with employment expenses, business or rental income/expenses.
- Those who are self-employed (owns a business).
- Those who have deceased returns.
- Those who have returns claiming capital gains or losses.
- Those with major investments/RRSP/stocks/mutual funds/RESP.
- Those with investments outside of Canada.
- Those who filed for bankruptcy.
You will be paired up with a qualified volunteer and contacted by March 12th to schedule a time and place to file your return. Tax returns will be filed between March 15th – April 22nd and will mainly occur at the Burnaby campus. If you have a friend, relative, or spouse who also wish to use our services, please have them fill out a separate application.
Please complete the registration form by 11:59pm on Saturday, March 9th, 2019. After signing up, please expect a confirmation e-mail with further information to follow shortly.
Click here to start filling out your application!